Not much to report...I sometimes feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day. We do the same thing every day.
8:00 make myself and Jonas wake up
8:00-8:30 prepare for treatments and Jonas has a little alone time in his bed
8:30-9:00 CP/Cough Assist/suction
9:00-10:00 PT on Wed. or playtime
10:00-10:30 Feed Jonas
10:30-11:00 Watch Tigger and Pooh
11:00-11:30 Bath Time :)
11:30-1:30 Nap
1:30- 2:00 Finish feeding Jonas (what it would be like to eat while you sleep)
2:00-4:00 OT on Fri. or Play,watch movie, go on walk, find something to entertain
4:00-4:30 Feed Jonas
4:30-6:30 Nap
6:30-7:00 Starting to run out of energy and try to entertain Jonas
7:00-7:30 Feed Jonas
7:30-9:00 Let Whit try to entertain Jonas :)
9:00-9:30 Hook Jonas up to pump, Cough Assist/suction and then go to bed!
We do this every day. Good thing I was already use to planning out every minute of the day at school. I know that all moms get into a routine. I'm not that different. I just wish that Jonas had someone else to look at all day long. I feel bad for the kid sometimes. I don't feel sorry for myself, though. Yea, it's hard at times and some days I think that I might go insane being at home everyday all day long. But then I start to think about when I might not get to do this anymore and it almost immediately gives me strength. I love my little boy!!!!
The progression of the disease is hitting me hard as I think about all the little signs I see in Jonas that indicate it's happening. We had an emergency pull out of the tub(soap in hair) to suck and cough him. He was a little grey in coloring. He also spit up on Sun.(which is something that he is not supposed to be able to do because of his Nissen surgery. We were blessed not to have him aspirate any of it. His GI tract is slowing down. He is on a laxative now to help keep him regular. Lately he just can not seem to keep his secrections under control.
With all that is going down, I have to remember what he can do. I am so grateful for all that he can do and I still have a little smile I get occasionally. (which I think is something he does by choice, stinker. I think he is more like his cousin Max. He would hardly give me any smiles.)
I try to squeeze him and hold him and kiss him every chance I get. We do a lot of sitting and singing together and just being. One of these pictures Jonas is sitting(not dancing this time)and listening to his music. He likes to watch the IPod and "see" the music.
As you can tell by the long novel. I myself am trying to pass the time(However nap time is precious)

5 comments:
Well, one other thing about Jonas is that he is getting cuter every day. Those darn eyes just suck you in. Absoutely adorable! I know what you mean about the routine getting hard some days. But yeah, it is always worth it. It is great checking in on you guys. Keep up the posts. Thanks for the birthday hello too!
you know, i don't have a little one to keep me company in the day..and i'm doing nights now. so me and the dog get pretty sick of the routine, or lack thereof, during the monotonous days. he looks great!
I think you are AWESOME. I think it is wonderful how you do everythig with Jonas. You make sure that he experiences everything around you. You and Whit are the perfect parents. We think of you constantly. Baby Jonas is just the cutest little boy ever! Way to go on just surviving every day, day by day! We LOVE you!
I'm so sorry to hear about the changes. He is so, so darling and I know exactly what you mean about savoring those kisses and hugs. Do the doctors know why he spit up? What did you do? We have noticed Gwendolyn hiccuping lately and I wonder if this is similar?
I adore the picture of him with his books. What a strong boy!
boy your schedule is a lot like mine, I have made that comment many times about ground hog day.
But they are worth every minute.
He looks wonderful!
Post a Comment